SAN DIEGO, Feb. 2, 2006 -- Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH), the leading provider of products and services supporting the healthcare industry, will showcase its comprehensive offering of medication management products and services at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Conference, Feb. 13-16 in San Diego, Calif.
The company will feature solutions that help hospital administrators and information technology professionals collect and analyze medication data to help build a safer hospital and develop best medication practices. More than 20 Cardinal Health offerings will be on display at the company’s booth, No. 837, including the:
- Unique bar coding solution for IV-administered drugs that can add safety at the point of care and provide data to help hospitals improve medication best practices and reduce harm
- Alaris® Gateway that provides interface capabilities to multiple hospital information systems, which helps improve medication safety by facilitating the timely exchange of IV medication data sets and infusion data
- Alaris® System: 'smart' IV medication safety system with the ability to use continuous quality improvement (CQI) data for development of best practices
- New version of the Pyxis PatientStation® bedside computing system, featuring new hardware configurations and software enhancements
- A variety of other Pyxis® products that provide data on medication and supply use
Cardinal Health customers and company experts will be available to speak to the media. Individuals available for interviews at HIMSS include:
- Tim Vanderveen, PharmD, MS, vice president, Center for Medication Safety, Cardinal Health, San Diego, Calif.
- Jim Nuckols, vice president of marketing for Pyxis® products, Cardinal Health, San Diego, Calif.
- Scott Bostick, general manager, Supply Chain Solutions, Cardinal Health, San Diego
- Rob Sobie, vice president of marketing for Pyxis® supply products, Supply Chain Solutions, Cardinal Health, San Diego
- Dan Pettus, director of marketing applications for Alaris® products, Cardinal Health, San Diego
- Cardinal Health will arrange for media to speak with customers based upon area of interest.
||Cardinal Health to showcase solutions that help hospitals collect and analyze medication data to help build a safer hospital and develop best medication practices at Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society Conference
||Sunday, Feb. 12 through Thursday, Feb. 16
||San Diego, Calif.
San Diego Convention Center
Cardinal Health Booth# 837
||To schedule an interview, please contact:
Laura Lindsay, Cardinal Health
Leslie Eisenberg, Pelican Group
About Cardinal Health
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $75 billion, global company serving the health-care industry with a broad portfolio of products and services. It manufactures and distributes pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, offers a range of clinical services and develops automation products that improve the management and delivery of supplies and medication for hospitals, physician offices and pharmacies. Through this diverse offering, Cardinal Health delivers integrated health-care solutions that help customers reduce their costs, improve efficiency and deliver better care to patients. Ranked No. 16 on the Fortune 500, Cardinal Health employs more than 55,000 people on six continents. More information about the company may be found at www.cardinalhealth.com.